Nekenaan Second Stage Housing (NSSH) is a Transitional Housing service that provides safe, affordable, temporary housing to Indigenous women with or without children. To review the Residents Rights and Responsibilities, please see the link to the Residents Handbook on this page.
- A substance and violence-free environment
- A six story building that is on a major bus route
- 24 furnished units - 10 single occupancy units with a fridge & microwave oven - 14 double occupancy units that include a fridge, microwave oven, and stove
- Space designed to suit an individual or families of up to 5 people
- Free laundry facilities and telephones (local line) on each resident floor
- A common area that has a dining, kitchen and lounge area
- Security features such as a coded phone system to enter the building, security camera system, resident only elevator access and emergency on-call service
- Available each month - culturally specific programming - resident meetings - a variety of workshops to promote personal growth and well-being
Contact us for more information
Upon request, accessible formats of written information and other forms of communication are available.